Monday, May 3, 2010

Product Review: Impressionist Floral Cami

Impressionist Floral Cami
Click here for product page
Item 26996
Regular: $88.00

J.Crew describes this colorful top as the following:
We love this sumptuous silk cami for its enchanting waterfloral print (it comes straight from a vintage swatch that our designers re-colored) and the sweet-but-sassy front overlay that ties at the neckline. We're wearing ours with ladylike skirts or over our most broken-in jeans (and shorts) for a cool contrast.
This description is full of pop, like the "sweet-but-sassy" line. It reminded me of the lively J. Peterman catalog descriptions from the show Seinfeld. ;)

A big "thanks!" to Desert Flower who shared the following review:
I received the impressionist cami today. I wasn't quite sure when I ordered it if it would be a keeper. I loved it before I took it out of the bag! The print is truly gorgeous, much prettier in real life than in the catalogue/online picture. The base color is a light peach, which you can't really see online, and there are some areas of green that are also not visible online.

The fabric is a gorgeous light silk twill, very similar to the fabric of the Giverny print bateau top. It has a beautiful drape. The top goes over the head, no zipper or fastener. It has bra strap holders, something I always appreciate. The wrap front is attached at the side seam. The bow can be undone and the wrap front falls away. There is a band across the bottom which makes the cami more tailored. The cami is not fitted, however, the draping really enhances the fit and it is not baggy or boxy at all. I tried my usual top size, which is 0, and I felt the drape was nicer with a bit more bust room so I sized up to a 2.

I think I will wear this a lot. It will dress up jeans for evening. It would be cute for lunching or Sunday brunch with more casual pants like the skimmer pants. I can wear it to work with my polished slub pencil skirt in natural, and a longer cardigan belted at the waist. In my opinion, it is worth the $88 price tag.
"Thanks!" again to Desert Flower for her great review of this top!

What are your thoughts on the Impressionist Floral Cami? Have you seen or own this top? If so, what is your review of the fabric & cut ? Would you recommend it to another fellow JCA?

No comments:

Post a Comment