Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Product Review: Wool Floral Scarf

I love it when JCAs share their product reviews! I find myself looking for a review from a fellow JCA on the blog roll, before making any purchases now. Not only has it saved me a few returns by purchasing the right size, I have also picked up a new piece or two that I would not have otherwise. :) Now to the review...

The Wool Floral Scarf (Item 23288; $59.50), aka Potpourri Scarf, has been very popular with the JCAs. I can understand why, with both its delicious Papaya & Cotton Candy versions. J.Crew describes it as:
Our classic fine-wool scarf/wrap, updated in buoyant spring florals. We borrowed two of our favorite prints from the women's collection for this style, which adds instant spring glamour to absolutely anything. Plus, we've perfected the wool blend to be floaty and light but still superwarm, so it's as chic over blouses and tees as it is knotted under your Macintosh coat on a brisk day.
A big "thanks!" to Belle de Jour who shared the following review:
There were two colourways for this scarf. This is the one with black, pink and papaya and matches the Ames dress. It's also available in a mini and a jacket.

I loved the colours on-line. As it was sold out, I rushed to call one of the stores listed by some friendly JCA. With some confusion on their part (they haven't done many phone sales, particularly to Canada), they promptly sent my beauty on its way.

I was thrilled when the parcel arrived. But not so thrilled when I opened the package. I'm a redhead with typical redhead colouring. I can wear black beautifully, and the papaya is stunning on me; however, the pink is pink and only makes me look pinker.

The scarf itself is soft and easily maniputable. It unwraps and untwists and unknots without a wrinkle. Unfortunately, this is a print not a weave, and you have to be careful how you wrap it. One side is vibrant and the other is faded.

This is as good as any of the J Crew scarves, just doesn't work for my colouring.
"Thanks!" again to Belle de Jour for her great review of this scarf!

For some reviews & real life images of this scarf, you have to check out:
What are your thoughts on the Wool Floral Scarf? Have you seen or own this scarf? If so, what is your review of the fabric & print? Would you recommend it to another fellow JCA?

No comments:

Post a Comment