Wednesday, March 10, 2010

J.Crew as an American {fashion} Icon

There is an interesting article over at BNet touting J.Crew as becoming an American icon.

UPDATE: Entire article removed as a result of the following comment posted in this thread:
I'd have emailed, but couldn't find an address for you.

I'm Lydia's editor at CBS Interactive. I'd like to ask you to revise your post so that you're not reprinting Lydia's entire item without permission. Quoting a few paragraphs and linking back is fine; reposting the whole thing is not cool -- and is technically a copyright violation.

I do appreciate the fact that you included a link to the original, but that doesn't change the issue created by reprinting an entire blog post.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best, David Hamilton
My response: I did not know that. I have had authors contact me to post their entire article as it would drive traffic back to the original site. And as he noted I did have a link back to the original source, as well provided the author's name. I respect his decision to not have the article entirely re-posted. So I thought it was best to remove it altogether. Apologies for any inconvenience.

What are your thoughts on the article? Disagree or agree with any of the points made? Do you like seeing J.Crew's executives being used in the marketing campaign? Are there any marketing features you want to see more or less of?

No comments:

Post a Comment