Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Let's Vent: Popback Reject Style

"Thanks!" to Christy (in this post) who suggested the following: "Alexis- maybe you should have a new post so that we can vent about popback rejects? You'd think jcrew would read it and go and talk to the Quality Assurance people and get us some quality assurance... " I think it is a great post topic. I know a lot of us have experienced first hand pop-back rejects.

Pop-backs involve a bit of J.Crew-lette. Sometimes, an item we have been coveting for months but already sold-out in our desired size/color, will reappear in the Sale section like a beautiful beacon of hope. However, it is never a guarantee that the pop-back will be sent (so we get that dreaded email canceling our order), or that the pop-back item is in top-notch condition. This is because pop-backs often times, include returns. Although J.Crew's quality control is pretty good in general, a few items have slipped through the "system" making us wonder who allowed for it to even be shipped.

In the past few orders, I have found sweaters with holes in them and jackets with stains that were easily removed with soap & water. As of lately, I have been receiving items that are not the items I ordered. In once case, I ordered the Tiered Vintage Fleur Top (Item 19778, $138.00) in size 2 and received an entirely different top in size 0 (with the wrong tags too!) When I returned the top at my local brick & mortar store, I explained that the top had been mislabeled. However the SA didn't seem too interested— she just took the item and plopped in the back counter. I have a feeling someone else got that wrong top too. In all of the cases, J.Crew did offer me the ability to return the items (as "a one-time courtesy"). ;)

What are some of your pop-back reject stories? Did J.Crew help resolve the situation for you? If so, please share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment