Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Product Review: Girls' Heathered Shawl-Collar Cardigan

Girls' Heathered Shawl-Collar Cardigan
Click here for product page
Item 24992
Regular: $49.50

J.Crew describes this {fabulous} Crewcut top as the following:
This über-cozy cotton cardigan has the versatility of her favorite sweatshirt, with chic, sweetly feminine styling and details. Gathered silk ruffles peek out from the two front pockets and bottom trim, and the shawl collar is covered in silk. Sure to be a staple for everything from school days to playdates.
When I was looking through the Crewcuts section of J.Crew's website, I ran across this amazing little shawl cardigan. At first I thought, "why-oh-why is this Crewcuts-only!" Then it dawned on me... "yes, I will raid the kids closet today!" And so with the offer of free shipping on any Crewcuts item (& 15% off with my educator discount), I took the plunge and purchased it.

Let me start off by saying... I love it!!! For the price, it is a well-crafted piece. It looks absolutely amazing with its silk shawl collar and subtle ruffles around the pockets & hem. The fabric and shade of the Marled Grey is perfect for the breezy days of Spring.

I normally take a size xs (or a size 0, sometimes a size 2) in the adult sizes. Since there is no conversion from Women to Crewcuts, I took a chance and went with a size 12 in this top. (Incidentally, Crewcuts Girls goes all the way up to size 14.) The size 12 worked out great! It fits me perfectly.

Since I am 5'8, the full-length sleeves are not exactly full-length. Instead, they are bracelet sleeves on me... and it works! I am also surprised that the length of the cardigan works very well on me too! The cardigan is quite long and hits at my hip (not quite low-hip, but not high-hip either, just somewhere in between).

So ladies, I would highly recommend getting this cardigan! I know it's on back-order until 8/09/2010, which is a bummer. However, it was back-ordered (to that date too) when I purchased it and somehow I got it shipped to me one-week later. (Go figure?!)

What are your thoughts on the Girls' Heathered Shawl-Collar Cardigan? Have you seen or own this top? If so, what is your review of the cardigan? Have you tried on or own other Crewcuts items (for yourself)? If so, please share your review too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment