Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Product Review: Ripstop Cargo Pant

Ripstop Cargo Pant
Click here for product page
Item 19952
Regular: $79.50
Now: $39.99

J.Crew describes these back-to-basics pants as the following:
One of our designers' favorite pants of the season, a new supersoft cargo in authentic cotton ripstop fabric that's been garment-dyed and washed for over 300 minutes to get the most broken-in shades (we love how the color changes in the puckered seams). The ultra-flattering fit is amped up with boyish details—we're pairing ours with a feminine blouse and heels for a fabulous look. Drawstring waist with zip fly. Slant pockets, back patch pockets with flaps, patch cargo pockets with flaps.
Did you catch all of J.Crew's favorite catch phrases in the description like the "designer's favorite ... of the season", "boyish details", and "pairing with feminine ... and heels". LOL! But I digress...

A big "thanks!" to Belle de Jour who shared the following review:
I purchased these in the safari colour featured on Molly in the March Catalogue. I ordered my usual size 6. I am looking for something to replace my chinos which seem dated (chinos are what J Crew was built on, lol) and don't fit very well.

The pants appear to be slightly baggy on Molly. Well, I must say I could pull them on without even undoing the top button. The fabric is lighter than my old chinos but I can't compare it to any of the new fabrics. It certainly is a great weight for cooler summer evenings, though not as breathable as linen.

The pockets on the thighs add volume and don't compact. You may want to keep this in mind if you are concerned about your thighs.

When I called to make an exchange, I asked for detailed measurements. The size 4 didn't take enough off to make up for how big they are. In the end, I went with a size 2! Yes, 2 whole sizes smaller. I was anxious that I'd made the wrong choice, but no problem. They are a better fit in the leg, and won't fall down. In fact, they fit perfectly. My only hesitation is they are too casual (mind you they can't compare to the un-sweatpant). My comment is a reflection of the number pockets and the drawstring.

I am interested in the Delancey's (Item 22735; $85.00, now $49.99), but I'm not a camo girl. I like the clean legs. Overall, I'd say the Ripstop's are going back, and I'll replace my chinos with Minnie's.
"Thanks!" again to Belle de Jour for her great review of these pants!

What are your thoughts on the Ripstop Cargo Pant? Have you seen or own these pants? If so, what is your review of the fabric & cut? Would you recommend it to another fellow JCA?

No comments:

Post a Comment