Saturday, June 19, 2010

J.Crew Collection Video {what's that song?}

On Thursday, J.Crew updated their website with new arrivals (refer to the "J.Crew Updates Website with New Arrivals!" post). On the homepage, there is a new Collection video which features a model wearing several outfits while dancing. Since then a lot of JCAs have been wondering about the music playing behind the Collection video on J.Crew's homepage.

A big "thanks!" to Kumi (in this post) who shared with us the following insight:
Loveprints- I did a little research, as I really love the song. I found that the text in the song didn't come up with anything on the web linking it to a song or singer. The first lyric is "je ne me laisserai pas seduire" and then some stuff and then "je ne ferai pas l'amour". It's kind of an anti-love song. So I e-mailed J.Crew and here is the response (my e-mail question is in the latter part of this entry):

Hi Kumi,

Wish I had a better answer for you but it's an original song we composed for the Collection Video. It doesn't have a name. I'm sorry for any disappointment.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact me directly. I've provided my contact information below for your convenience.

Best,
Jennifer
The video & song are cute. I thought it was clever how the outfits incorporated one item from the previous outfit. :) However, I enjoyed the videos (e.g. Rome, Patagonia, Paris) from previous years a bit more. (Maybe it's an unfair comparison since the other videos included amazing locales.)

What are your thoughts on the song? Do you like the Collection video? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment