Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Product Review: Rose Vines Blazer

Rose Vines Blazer
Click here for product page
Item 25959
Regular: $168.00
Now Online: $99.99 $59.99
Now In-Stores: $59.99

J.Crew describes this floral jacket as the following:
Our favorite schoolboy blazer, refashioned in a fabulous floral pattern (our designers fell in love with a vintage print they stumbled across at a flea market in the South of France and had it recolored exclusively for us). With a touch of ruching at the back for a sleeker, more feminine silhouette. Specially washed for softness and that broken-in, had-it-forever look and feel, this is a piece that will slip into your closet and seem like it's been there forever. Cotton. Fitted. Lapel collar. Long sleeves. Welt flap pockets, chest pocket. Fully lined. Hits at waist. Import. Machine wash.
Let me start by saying, "WTF?!?" about the price discrepancy between the store and online. I don't understand how stores are selling it for $59.99 and online it is $99.99. Whatever...

This jacket has gotten a lot of press from the JCAs and I can understand why. It really is a super cute piece to wear.

Let me start with the fabric. The cotton used for the jacket is super light, which makes it comfortable to wear during the cool Summer evenings. Since the cotton is so light, it also does not have too much structure to it. As in, it doesn't look as crisp as a suit jacket. But this isn't meant to be a suit jacket, so I do not mind this.

The cut of the jacket is super feminine. It is fitted, which is a delightful treat (considering how many boxy jackets J.Crew offers now). There is also ruching at the back which actually showcases the contour of your back. Super lovely!

As for the color, it is a light print. From far away, it almost looks white/grey-ish. But when you are close, the adorable floral pattern shines through.

The jacket actually looks better with the sleeves rolled up. I don't know why, but they just do. (I don't think I see myself wearing it with the sleeves down.)

When it comes to sizing, I would say its true-to-size. (As far as J.Crew's new sizing goes. What do I mean by "new sizing"? A few years ago I was a size 2 in tops. Now I am a size 0. I didn't lose weight, it's just vanity sizing on their part.) For this jacket I went with a size 0 and felt it was the perfect size.

For some reviews & real-life images of this jacket from fellow JCAs, check out:
What are your thoughts on the Rose Vines Blazer? Have you seen or own this jacket? If so, what is your review of the fabric & cut ? Would you recommend it to another fellow JCA?

No comments:

Post a Comment