Wednesday, June 23, 2010

J.Crew Personal Shopper {share your story!}

J.Crew's Personal Shopper service has been discussed a few times on this blog (refer here). For those new to the blog or J.Crew, the service essentially helps customers select pieces for their wardrobe. They will also work with customers after (or before) store hours, and help track down hard-to-find items. To sign-up, click here.

A big "thanks!" to Camille who shared her experience with the service:
Several months ago, I decided to try out J Crew’s personal shoppers (PS). Overall my experience has been fabulous, and my PS has saved me a bunch of money so I highly recommend the service.

Here’s what I found:


Timing:

As I like to place orders very early in the morning, I called the J Crew customer service line and asked that I be assigned a PS that started early – I was told there are fewer of these people than those that start late, but the next day I got a call from a woman who starts at 8am. I have placed almost all of my orders through her ever since, most before 9am which means I sometimes get new to sale items before they “ghost out”.


Tastes:
My PS and I don’t have the same tastes, as she likes louder/brighter things than I do. For this reason I listen, but do not generally rely on her sense of style – although after the multiple orders I placed in the last couple of months, I notice she is becoming accustomed to my tastes so I am giving her opinions more weight.


Overall:
My PS and I are building a wonderful relationship and I highly recommend the service, except of course it may cost you more in the long run as I am more inclined to purchase the odd thing.
What a great story! It would also be great to hear from you on your thoughts of a personal shopper. Especially in terms of expectations (e.g. what a personal shopper is able to do versus the reality of what they can do).

Do you have a personal shopper? Have you been utilizing the service? Would you recommend other JCAs to get a personal shopper (if they do not have one already)? Please share with us your story! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment