Monday, June 14, 2010

Product Review: Lollipop Ribbon Jacket

Lollipop Ribbon Jacket
Click here for product page
Item 23162
Regular: $350.00
Now: $149.99

J.Crew describes this sweet jacket as the following:
An exquisite candy-hued weave (from an esteemed Biella, Italy, mill specializing in magnificent tweeds) sweetens this ladylike jacket. Silk chiffon taping and raw-cut edges add a modern couture feel. Nylon/cotton/linen/rayon. Notch collar. Bracelet sleeves. Flap pockets with button closure.
This jacket has been getting a lot of attention from fellow JCAs. Luckily for us, we have a few reviews.

A big "thanks!" to ajc (in this post) who shared the following review:
For those considering the Lollipop Jacket. I bought it FP, decided it was way too much, returned and now I ordered it again. Imo it fits tts. It is somewhat boxy and on me it was similar in fit/sizing to Rose Vines blazer with not much waist definition. I took 6 in this jacket and wondered if I need an 8, while I bought 4 in Dauphine and 2 was a great fit everywhere but the armholes. I am 34D for a reference.

The tweed is very nice but delicate and it will have tendency to snag, I think because of the 'ribbon' content. Overall workmanship, and quality is very good. It reminds me of similar Kate Spade jacket from this season but at $120 it now it has a very good price. It has unfinished edges but from my experience they do not unravel.

The tweed is very different from Collier or Dauphine, thinner and making it much more suitable for spring/summer. It is definitely a 'special' jacket and it will be noticed.

The color is actually quite subtle I think more peach than orange. Overall, if you like it in the picture you should not be dissapointed. When I bought it FP I thought I would never wear it enough to justify the price but at $119 I think it is reasonable for the quality.
Another big "thanks!" to Summer (in this post) who shared the following review:
Just got the lollipop jacket. It is nice but does not super excite me. Lots of fraying bits on my trim. Yes, I could cut them off but for $120 I know this could/would become bothersome.

I am in like/not LOVE and I surprisely LOVED my Dauphine I got a couple of weeks ago in the mail. So while the jacket is pretty just not $120 pretty or something I know I would wear a lot.

I know I would grab another jacket I already own first before this one.
"Thanks!" again to ajc & Summer for their great reviews of this jacket!

What are your thoughts on the Lollipop Ribbon Jacket? Have you seen or own this jacket? If so, what is your review of the fabric & cut ? Would you recommend it to another fellow JCA?

No comments:

Post a Comment